Purves Philatelics - Terms and Conditions of Trade
- All items are sold with a ‘no quibble-full refund’ guarantee provided that they are returned, as despatched, within 7 days of receipt.
- All items must be paid for in full before despatch. This condition may be waived where clients are known to us and orders are placed on a regular basis.
- Payment cards. We accept all Master Card, Visa and Switch cards. There is no additional charge for payment by card.
- VAT. There is no additional charge for VAT.
- Postage & Packing. Unless otherwise requested P & P will be charged as follows:-
UK £-p Europe £-p ROW £-p Invoice value < £100 1.00 1.50 2.50 Invoice value > £100 but < £250 Free 1.50 2.50 Invoice value > £250 Free Free Free
- Despatch. All items will be despatched as soon as payment has been received (i.e. when cheques have been cleared). For payment by card this is usually the same day as the order is received. However, please note that during peak periods (i.e.at the beginning of each month) or during staff holidays there may be a short delay prior to despatch.
- All items are offered ‘subject unsold’ and will be sold on a first come first sold basis.
- Split payments. We are happy to split payment (for more expensive items) over three months provided that post-dated cheques are received at the time of order.
- Where purchased items are illustrated, either in this catalogue or on our website, we reserve the right to substitute a stamp or stamps of similar quality if the desired item has already been sold (however, please see 1 above).
- UMM - Unmounted Mint, Never hinged.
- VLMM - Extremely lightly mounted. Scarcely a mark on gum.
- LMM - Lightly mounted mint. No hinge remains.
- MM - Mounted mint. A stamp which has been more heavily mounted and may have some
- MINT - Unused with no gum.
- FU - Fine used, usually with a clear circular date stamp.
- G/FU - Good/Fine used. A very good copy but with some minor imperfection such as a slightly smudged cancel or fractionally short perfs etc.
- GU - Good used. A perfectly collectable used copy perhaps with wavy line or heavy cancel, ink mark on reverse etc.
- FISC - A fiscally used stamp.
If you wish to contact us directly, please use any of the contact methods shown below:
PO Box 95
Tel/Fax: 01892 724896
Make sure you stay up-to-date with all our latest British Commonwealth stamp additions by signing up to our monthly email newsletter. Just enter your email address in the box below.